Telehealth and Face-to-face Appointments Available
OPEN THROUGH 2021 LOCKDOWN
Following the government’s announcement that we will be subject to new restrictions from Monday 4th January to help control the spread of Covid-19, I wanted to reassure you
that Symmetry Chiropractic will remain open and treating patients throughout this period.
As regulated health care professionals, chiropractors have been allowed to remain open and you can leave home for medical appointments, including for chiropractic treatments.
If you are attending an appointment, you can be assured that I will keep you safe. I am continuing to operate with protective measures in place including triaging you all beforehand ventilation and personal protective equipment (PPE).
Although, if for any reason you’d feel safer not coming in, please let me know and I’ll be happy to cancel your appointment or reschedule to a telehealth appointment.
Changes to appointments:
- You are advised to wear a face covering, to comply with government guidance
- You will be required to fill out a “Pre-appointment Questionnaire” included in your reminder email 24 hours before every appointment
- Try not to arrive too early, and do not enter the building upon arrival – call me on 0115 7788 179 and I’ll come out to meet you
- Please don’t bring anyone with you, unless you require a chaperone such as those under 16
Who CAN’T come for face-to-face appointments?
You also won’t be able to visit me for a face-to-face appointment if:
- you’re waiting for a coronavirus test result
- you’ve tested positive for coronavirus – this means you have coronavirus
- you live with someone who has symptoms or has tested positive
- someone in your support bubble has symptoms or has tested positive
- you’re told by NHS Test and Trace that you’ve been in contact with a person with coronavirus
- you have travelled outside of the UK in the last 14 days unless the country you have returned from is listed as “exempt”
Those in the “at a higher risk of complications from Covid-19” group, (those who have previously been advised to shield, over 70s, pregnant women, have diabetes etc) are advised to weigh up the risks of having a face-to-face appointment before booking.
I am a new patient, how do I book?
Please book your “Face-to-face New Patient Appointment” first.
It’s easy to book online, but you can get in touch via phone or email too.
If necessary, the first half of your appointment will be done via phone or video link. I will get in touch if this applies to you.
How will you make the appointment as safe as possible?
Every patient will be screened for symptoms prior to their appointment via the “Pre-Appointment Questionnaire”. Please take this seriously, it is for the safety of myself and all of my patients.
For the safety of both you and I, I will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) as advised by Public Health England. This will include scrubs, single-use gloves, a single-use apron, a surgical mask and possibly a face visor.
Gloves and apron will be changed between patients and the mask will be changed after each shift.
All equipment and surfaces will be cleaned between patients and the room will be ventilated.
I am not struggling with my physical health, but I am concerned about my overall wellbeing.
If you are concerned for your wellbeing or experiencing stress and anxiety as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Mind has some great information for you.