OPEN THROUGHOUT 2021
As regulated health care professionals, chiropractors have been allowed to remain open and you can leave home for medical appointments, including for chiropractic treatments.
If you are attending an appointment, you can be assured that I will keep you safe. I am continuing to operate with protective measures in place including triaging you all beforehand ventilation and personal protective equipment (PPE).
Although, if for any reason you’d feel safer not coming in, please let me know and I’ll be happy to cancel your appointment or schedule to a telehealth appointment.
Changes to appointments:
- You are advised to wear a face covering, to comply with government guidance
- If your appointment is in Lady Bay, The Bay Therapy Centre is now operating a socially distanced reception area. I will come and collect you from the reception/outside.
- If your appointment is in Southwell, please wait outside/in your car and I will come out to collect you.
- Please don’t bring anyone with you, unless you require a chaperone such as those under 16
Who CAN’T come for face-to-face appointments?
If you develops symptoms of Covid-19 (new continuous cough, high temperature or loss of sense of smell or taste) I won’t be able to see until you have finished self-isolating or have a negative PCR test
You also won’t be able to visit me for a face-to-face appointment if:
- you’ve tested positive for COVID-19 – this means you have the virus
- someone you live with has symptoms or tested positive (unless you are not required to self-isolate)
- you’ve been told to self-isolate following contact with someone who tested positive
- you have been told to quarantine after travelling outside of the UK
Those in the “at a higher risk of complications from Covid-19” group, (those who have previously been advised to shield, over 70s, pregnant women, have diabetes etc) are advised to weigh up the risks of having a face-to-face appointment before booking.
I am a new patient, how do I book?
It’s easy to book online, but you can get in touch via phone or email too.
If necessary, the first half of your appointment will be done via phone or video link. I will get in touch if this applies to you.
How will you make the appointment as safe as possible?
For the safety of both you and I, I will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) as advised by Public Health England. This will include a surgical mask and scrubs, and possibly single-use gloves, a single-use apron, and a face visor.
Gloves and apron will be changed between patients and the mask will be changed after each shift.
All equipment and surfaces will be cleaned between patients and the room will be well ventilated.
I am not struggling with my physical health, but I am concerned about my overall wellbeing.
If you are concerned for your wellbeing or experiencing stress and anxiety as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Mind has some great information for you.